Hi, new here

Hi, I'm new so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in my mid-30s, living in Scotland. For most of my adult life I've suspected I might be autistic, but only recently decided to speak to my GP about getting a referral. 

It wasn't until getting my first job a few years ago, that I started having major difficulties. Working in an open plan office is something I've never got used too, particularly when it gets noisy, plus the lighting. And it took me too long to figure out all the unwritten socials rules that I'd ended up rubbing up many of my colleagues up the wrong way.

Anyway at the time I got a referral from my GP to an audiologist and got diagnosed with Auditory Processing Disorder, as sound was one of the bigger issues I struggled with. Though I kind of regret just not seeking an autism diagnosis back then as it would have been easier knowing one way or the other.

But now that I have finally spoken to my GP about an autism assessment referral, it feels like being stuck in between. Even though I feel reasonably sure from everything I've read about ASD, I don't know for certain. So still working out what to do with that self-knowledge, if that makes any sense.

This has been more rambly than I intended!