New here - very certain I am autistic

Hi, I'm Kodey. I am a 23yr old from South England.

I have signed up here as I am fairly certain I am autistic and I am looking for some support with it. I have done a lot of reading on autism and other things that may present similarly so I am fairly certain that I am autistic. At the moment though, I don't see enough advantages to a diagnosis to weigh out the disadvantages I see with it. 

I have been struggling a lot recently with work due to stress and anxiety. No-one there knows the issues I am facing and so I mask all day. 

Parents
  • Hello and welcome, Kodey! I have also recently come onto the forum, having been diagnosed with Level 2 ASD. Please do feel free to ask any questions and read my profile. I'm sure that everyone on here will give their best advice.

I myself, had suspected that I had some form of Autism for some time before I was diagnosed. Getting a diagnosis will allow you, your family and your employer, to understand why you are the way you are. Remember that you are not odd, you are unique. There is absolutely no shame in being diagnosed, it will allow your employer to give you the appropriate support that you need.

• Hello and welcome, Kodey! I have also recently come onto the forum, having been diagnosed with Level 2 ASD. Please do feel free to ask any questions and read my profile. I'm sure that everyone on here will give their best advice.

I myself, had suspected that I had some form of Autism for some time before I was diagnosed. Getting a diagnosis will allow you, your family and your employer, to understand why you are the way you are. Remember that you are not odd, you are unique. There is absolutely no shame in being diagnosed, it will allow your employer to give you the appropriate support that you need.

Children
No Data