New here - very certain I am autistic

Hi, I'm Kodey. I am a 23yr old from South England.

I have signed up here as I am fairly certain I am autistic and I am looking for some support with it. I have done a lot of reading on autism and other things that may present similarly so I am fairly certain that I am autistic. At the moment though, I don't see enough advantages to a diagnosis to weigh out the disadvantages I see with it. 

I have been struggling a lot recently with work due to stress and anxiety. No-one there knows the issues I am facing and so I mask all day. 

Parents
  • Welcome Kodey

I am sitting in work and in my break so had a wee look  in here.

If u get the diagnosis you can hand it to your employer and maybe things will change in that they will realise you have a condition that explains some of your behaviours if you are having conflict. 

Thats what I did.

main thing to concentrate on,

is the reduction of your anxiety ie managing your anxiety until you get your diagnosis. 

Others will reply after me so wait

aidie

• Welcome Kodey

I am sitting in work and in my break so had a wee look  in here.

If u get the diagnosis you can hand it to your employer and maybe things will change in that they will realise you have a condition that explains some of your behaviours if you are having conflict. 

Thats what I did.

main thing to concentrate on,

is the reduction of your anxiety ie managing your anxiety until you get your diagnosis. 

Others will reply after me so wait

aidie

Children
  • Hi

I am working on reducing my anxiety. I have an anxiety diagnosis and will be starting some therapy for that at the end of November. I am also hoping to get some adjustments at work from that now as well.