Adult male 25 needs friends/support please

Hello

I am the mother of a 25 year old male who has Aspergers. We are in the lengthy process of getting a formal diagnosis. It is some comfort to discover there is a reason for his struggles after many years of ignorance on my part but I know that when/if we have a formal diagnosis, it won't make the problems and difficulties he has disappear.  

My son is at an all time low. He has struggled all his life to make and retain friends and to be and to feel included. Employment has been a similar story.

I'm posting on here because he won't do it for himself and I feel helpless and powerless when I see him so unhappy with all aspects of his life. 

He has tried to fit in with the mainstream and he can't. He needs friends, people to talk to, do things with. People who understand. 

We are based in Surrey/London area. 

If anyone knows of a support group he could go along to in our area or if you are in need of a friend too please get in touch.

Thanks    

Parents
  • Hello,

My name is Sarah and I work for Richmond fellowship, We cover Spelthorne and Runneymede area's. We are the 3rd largest charity for mental health. If anyone has a mental health problem with a learning difficulty then we may be able to help with groups and employment.

I hope that this helps, if you need any more help or advice then please do not hestiate to get in touch Smile

• Hello,

My name is Sarah and I work for Richmond fellowship, We cover Spelthorne and Runneymede area's. We are the 3rd largest charity for mental health. If anyone has a mental health problem with a learning difficulty then we may be able to help with groups and employment.

I hope that this helps, if you need any more help or advice then please do not hestiate to get in touch Smile

Children
No Data