Newly Diagnosed as an Adult

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with ASD around a month ago, in my 20s. I'm feeling quite alone and at sea with the new diagnosis, especially since there seems to be no post-diagnostic support or local groups where I live, so thought I'd make an account and say hi. I hope you're all doing okay today.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you. Yeh I'm really feeling that.... Have no idea what to do with myself now. Can't find any local support groups or anything. Been having really mixed feelings about the diagnosis I think. First it was a relief to finally understand and it made so much sense of everything in my life up till now. Then I went through a kind of denial phase of thinking I'd somehow tricked the assessor into making the diagnosis wrongly. And now I've kind of hit a hopeless stage where I feel like I don't know how to change anything or how to cope with it on my own. Other people's reactions also haven't been what I'd hoped so that's been hard... How did you find it when you got diagnosed? (assuming you are of course, you may not be!)