I'm new

Is the forums normally pretty depressing or did I just come during a pretty bad  time? I tried to find some relatively happy or supportive threads but it's a shame the only things I can find are people talking about bullying, abuse, being tired of their life, and a lot of existential-in-a-depressing-way stuff. Considering that I'd like to find something positive or, heck, something that can make me feel not depressed about being autistic, I'm pretty wary of this site.

Parents
  • Hey :) 

I think that it's important to keep in mind that most here will have found this place, due to some difficulty or struggle, whether that's directly from their condition, or something indirect (e.g. not being able to find someone to relate with). You see similar cases with the police and doctors (you'd usually only go to them if something was wrong) Thus, it's natural that much content here is "negative"! Of course, there's room for positivity as well though, but I think it's worth keeping some perspective :) 

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

I think that it's important to keep in mind that most here will have found this place, due to some difficulty or struggle, whether that's directly from their condition, or something indirect (e.g. not being able to find someone to relate with). You see similar cases with the police and doctors (you'd usually only go to them if something was wrong) Thus, it's natural that much content here is "negative"! Of course, there's room for positivity as well though, but I think it's worth keeping some perspective :) 

Much love <3

Children
No Data