I'm new

Is the forums normally pretty depressing or did I just come during a pretty bad  time? I tried to find some relatively happy or supportive threads but it's a shame the only things I can find are people talking about bullying, abuse, being tired of their life, and a lot of existential-in-a-depressing-way stuff. Considering that I'd like to find something positive or, heck, something that can make me feel not depressed about being autistic, I'm pretty wary of this site.

• (To NAS51133... You may have just now gotten a Post from myself upon your New Thread. I deleted it because it was actually supposed to be at this Thread which I had trouble with finding again. Apologies. Thanks as well for the New Thread.)

• Greetings, I shall read this Thread properly after Posting this. Yet...

There ARE a lot of "positive" and indeed joking /parody Threads upon this Forum. Just not that many of late. Also, last year there was a series of Threads entitled "Did anything good happen today?", yet these were begun by a single User whom some of Us might offer a worry as to what has become of That Person lately... (?)

In any case, I agree with certain others here and say that you should start a specific Thread concerning specific things. The Magazine "Aspergers United/The Spectrum" - on Paper - says that: "If you want to see different content --- the best way to change it is to send something in!" ;-)

• Greetings cA.

Let us know what you're interested in talking about.  Slight smile

• Great thread! I'm going to bed now but I can think of a few things!

• oh no it doesn't 

Behind you Grinning

• Misc and chat usually has some random threads about biscuits, films, etc

• Hey :) 

I think that it's important to keep in mind that most here will have found this place, due to some difficulty or struggle, whether that's directly from their condition, or something indirect (e.g. not being able to find someone to relate with). You see similar cases with the police and doctors (you'd usually only go to them if something was wrong) Thus, it's natural that much content here is "negative"! Of course, there's room for positivity as well though, but I think it's worth keeping some perspective :) 

Much love <3

• Hi ChromicAcid. I take your point - there are a few negative threads at the moment. You've given me an idea for a new one :p

• I concur with @NAS39248 as it is people identifying the difficulties they face due to being wired differently.  I am quite happy go lucky normally but with my current headf$%k (sic) due to the situation I just had to get away from the stress/anxiety/depression (dare I say bullying) in the workplace to where I could heal myself.

I have my coping mechanisms where I follow my strengths/mindfulness - out in the garden and watching the wildlife, watching some films/TV series, driving somewhere new (but hate being stuck in a queue of traffic) and/or listening to my varies musical tastes (from Abba to ZZ Top).

Do not think of it as a disability/impairment but think you are not normal and have your own strengths. Understand those strengths, do what you enjoy and grow your positive mental health step by step.

Yesterday I checked some of the nestboxes in my garden and I know I have some *** building in one of them, another part of the garden has bushes and I had another tit swearing at me because of her nest near where I was - I smiled because I know the breeding season is here and summer is on the way.

As a music analogy, I hear Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd and/or Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon until the singing starts but others hear All Summer Long by Kid Rock

• This forum can be a valuable place for people to share thoughts and experiences unfortunately alot of people have had bad experiences so come here to vent, the posts may look negative and the things people are dealing with are but the support that they receive from others and the compassion that is is the positive! 

• It has its own organic biorhythms like we all do.  Like in life... if you cannot find the party you were looking for.. then create it and see who comes as guests :)