Grandson

Hello everyone

I have just signed up to this forum, reason is my grandson is thought to have Autism, he is 2 years old. His test is at the end of Mar 2019. I don't know what to expect, what will this mean to his life etc. 

I adore my grandson and want to help in any way I can. Please can someone tell me the best things to do. 

I feel so alone, I can't tell my daughter how upset I am as she is trying to be strong. 

Please help. 

Grandma

Parents
  • Hi, I was diagnosed a year ago. At the time, the best thing to do for me was just to be there. He's only little, so he proably won't know much about it but just support your daughter. You are a member of the family too, so your feelings and concerns are valid. It might be helpful to talk to your daughter about how you're feeling, she might be able to help or aliviate some of your concerns. 

Good luck, and I hop that my small peice of advice might be able to help you. It get's better.

• Hi, I was diagnosed a year ago. At the time, the best thing to do for me was just to be there. He's only little, so he proably won't know much about it but just support your daughter. You are a member of the family too, so your feelings and concerns are valid. It might be helpful to talk to your daughter about how you're feeling, she might be able to help or aliviate some of your concerns. 

Good luck, and I hop that my small peice of advice might be able to help you. It get's better.

Children
No Data