Hello!!

Hi everyone, I’m Jacqueline. 

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 14 ( I’m now 18 ) and let’s just say I didn’t take it very well. Up until that point I thought that everyone experienced life the way I did and it really through me through a loop that not everyone did. I struggled at school and was in and out a lot finally leaving in my fourth year. I’m very lucky to have a supporting and loving family. My mum and dad especially. Though just after my diagnosis my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Because he knew how analytical I was he didn’t tell me it was terminal only that it was cancer and he was going through chemo and radiation. The next 7 months I spent with him were fantastic until February 2016 when he went into hospital to get some fluid drained and within a week he died. He died fast and in the the end painless and that’s all I could ask for. I’ve struggled a lot without him here. Even though my parents were divorced they were still best friends and always hands on with me. I also lost people I considered family as well when he passed. I felt very abandoned. Me and mum ave survived pretty well on our own though even though we miss him very much. 

I have a few other conditions including depression, severe anxiety and agoraphobia. I haven’t really left the house properly for over 4 years now but I’ve been meeting with a new mental health team and I’m back on medication and starting to work on getting out of the house. 

My goal is to meet people that I can relate to as I’ve never really been able to before. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data