Hello!!

Hi everyone, I’m Jacqueline. 

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 14 ( I’m now 18 ) and let’s just say I didn’t take it very well. Up until that point I thought that everyone experienced life the way I did and it really through me through a loop that not everyone did. I struggled at school and was in and out a lot finally leaving in my fourth year. I’m very lucky to have a supporting and loving family. My mum and dad especially. Though just after my diagnosis my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Because he knew how analytical I was he didn’t tell me it was terminal only that it was cancer and he was going through chemo and radiation. The next 7 months I spent with him were fantastic until February 2016 when he went into hospital to get some fluid drained and within a week he died. He died fast and in the the end painless and that’s all I could ask for. I’ve struggled a lot without him here. Even though my parents were divorced they were still best friends and always hands on with me. I also lost people I considered family as well when he passed. I felt very abandoned. Me and mum ave survived pretty well on our own though even though we miss him very much. 

I have a few other conditions including depression, severe anxiety and agoraphobia. I haven’t really left the house properly for over 4 years now but I’ve been meeting with a new mental health team and I’m back on medication and starting to work on getting out of the house. 

My goal is to meet people that I can relate to as I’ve never really been able to before. 

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry about your loss and everything you have gone through, it sounds as if you have had a lot of rough times. But hopefully things are on the up for you now Slight smile Welcome and have fun here! You're going to meet lots of nice people here.

• Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry about your loss and everything you have gone through, it sounds as if you have had a lot of rough times. But hopefully things are on the up for you now Slight smile Welcome and have fun here! You're going to meet lots of nice people here.

Children