How do you introduce yourself in words alone

Im new here. I have no idea what to write to introduce myself. Ive been on a jouney this year discovering that I might not be who or what I thought I was.

All my life Ive wondered why I seem to see the world differently to other people around me. In my head everything makes sense but in the real world people don't play to my script. I had no idea I could be on the Autistic Spectrum until someone who was pointed it out to me as a possiblitiy.

Im awaiting an assessment by my local NHS partnership but given he long waiting list im considering saving up for a private diagnosis early in the new year. My life feels on hold until I know for certain where I am.

I have no friends as such, however you define them. as a result over the last decade ive found that I have been isolating myself more and more.

Bullied at school because I don't, or won't fit in

Working part time, married, one son, owns a pet pig!

Would love to have a great big extended family of like minded who understand me.

Parents
  • Hi Dazahomestead,

And welcome to the family you're seeking!  This is a great place to be, with many supportive people.

You've given a good introduction, and one that most of us will identify with.

I had an NHS diagnosis 3 years ago, having waited just over 2 years for it.  A long time, but worth it.  Like you, I have no friends or people I see outside of the workplace.  I was bullied throughout school, too.  I work part-time now - 30 hours a week.  I'm divorced, have no children, and live alone with a pet cat, who gives me all the company and love I need.

I look forward to seeing you around.

All the best,

Tom

• Hi Dazahomestead,

And welcome to the family you're seeking!  This is a great place to be, with many supportive people.

You've given a good introduction, and one that most of us will identify with.

I had an NHS diagnosis 3 years ago, having waited just over 2 years for it.  A long time, but worth it.  Like you, I have no friends or people I see outside of the workplace.  I was bullied throughout school, too.  I work part-time now - 30 hours a week.  I'm divorced, have no children, and live alone with a pet cat, who gives me all the company and love I need.

I look forward to seeing you around.

All the best,

Tom

Children