Hello

Hello,

My name is Matthew and I have full Autism Spectrum Disorder. I was diagnosed way back in 2011, a lot of time has gone by but I still feel the same as I did then. Some days are hard others can be really good.
 My parents have health issues, dad has Diabetes and mum a benign brain tumour, and my brother has depression, but through it all they still give me so much support and love!

I don’t get out much, like to stay to a routine and struggle lots with excessive worrying which is with me day and night. I’m always trying to push myself to do things, even though 99% of the time I fail. But I’m a dreamer, I have lots of dreams. I like to sing and want to be a singer, I’m nearly 22 and hope to next year be making progress as a singer, I also want to learn to drive next year, I have a car which I’m restoring slowly but surely. My Dad loves classic cars, he restores them and I help him out!

My favourite things to do are restoring classic cars, photography, playing games, listening to music and singing and also watching Disney movies…

It’s really nice to meet you all!

Parents
  • Welcome, Fuzzy.

Making music has been one of the most important things in my life - it definitely helps to keep me sane! It's a long time since I did any singing, though I used to years ago when I wrote, sang, and played bass in bands. There are enough musicians here that we could put a pretty good band together I reckon! What kind of song do you like to sing?

You'll also find yourself right at home with our resident classic car buffs, and quite a few of us are keen photographers too. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

• Hi Trogluddite,

It’s great to be here, and to meet all of you as well.

Oh wow, that’s awesome so many others here love and enjoy music! I remember when I was about thirteen my Gran was saying how she was a massive fan of Elvis Presley. I’d always loved listening to music but had never taken much of an interest in it, so we went home and I listened to Elvis for the first time – and I fell in love with his voice! I loved how soft and gentle his voice was, he was so inspiring and then I bought a HiFi and some Elvis records, including his original debut album!

In recent years I’ve started listening to more and more singers – Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, Adele, Ed Sheeran, George Michael/Wham, Belinda Carlisle, Spandau Ballet and so, so many more. I sing nearly every day and love it, I find it really relaxing and inspiring. It makes me so happy.

I love singing all kinds of songs, my go to song is usually Night Owl by Gerry Rafferty, I love the beat and tune to it. It’s really awesome!
    My other go to song is Perfect by Ed Sheeran, so awesome! He’s such a talented man.

Ironically my voice is as deep as Elvis Presley’s was, which I like to think is unique ;)

Ooh I can’t wait to get chatting to them about that! Ha ha I’m a real bore when it comes to cars…

• Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, Adele, Ed Sheeran, George Michael/Wham, Belinda Carlisle, Spandau Ballet

Plenty of 1980's music there, I notice. You'll be right at home here then, there are quite a few of us who were teens when those artists were first around - you'll be making us all nostalgic and misty-eyed!

• Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, Adele, Ed Sheeran, George Michael/Wham, Belinda Carlisle, Spandau Ballet

Plenty of 1980's music there, I notice. You'll be right at home here then, there are quite a few of us who were teens when those artists were first around - you'll be making us all nostalgic and misty-eyed!

Children
No Data