Hello

Hello,

My name is Matthew and I have full Autism Spectrum Disorder. I was diagnosed way back in 2011, a lot of time has gone by but I still feel the same as I did then. Some days are hard others can be really good.
 My parents have health issues, dad has Diabetes and mum a benign brain tumour, and my brother has depression, but through it all they still give me so much support and love!

I don’t get out much, like to stay to a routine and struggle lots with excessive worrying which is with me day and night. I’m always trying to push myself to do things, even though 99% of the time I fail. But I’m a dreamer, I have lots of dreams. I like to sing and want to be a singer, I’m nearly 22 and hope to next year be making progress as a singer, I also want to learn to drive next year, I have a car which I’m restoring slowly but surely. My Dad loves classic cars, he restores them and I help him out!

My favourite things to do are restoring classic cars, photography, playing games, listening to music and singing and also watching Disney movies…

It’s really nice to meet you all!

Parents
  • Hi Matthew,

its really good to hear how well you are doing with hobbies despite your set backs. I would like you to tell us a bit more when you are ready what you are preoccupied with worrying.

thanks

• Hi,

Just worrying about the future, whether I'll ever meet someone and marry, have kids, learn to drive next year etc. I worry about my parent's health, my dad is Diabetic and his is getting worse. He's the only earner in our house so if something happens to him we'll be in deep trouble.

I worry about myself, my health, what sort of a person I am and stuff like that. And this all the time, every day, even as I'm writing this. It's a nightmare.

• Hi,

Just worrying about the future, whether I'll ever meet someone and marry, have kids, learn to drive next year etc. I worry about my parent's health, my dad is Diabetic and his is getting worse. He's the only earner in our house so if something happens to him we'll be in deep trouble.

I worry about myself, my health, what sort of a person I am and stuff like that. And this all the time, every day, even as I'm writing this. It's a nightmare.

Children
No Data