Hello

Hello,

My name is Matthew and I have full Autism Spectrum Disorder. I was diagnosed way back in 2011, a lot of time has gone by but I still feel the same as I did then. Some days are hard others can be really good.
 My parents have health issues, dad has Diabetes and mum a benign brain tumour, and my brother has depression, but through it all they still give me so much support and love!

I don’t get out much, like to stay to a routine and struggle lots with excessive worrying which is with me day and night. I’m always trying to push myself to do things, even though 99% of the time I fail. But I’m a dreamer, I have lots of dreams. I like to sing and want to be a singer, I’m nearly 22 and hope to next year be making progress as a singer, I also want to learn to drive next year, I have a car which I’m restoring slowly but surely. My Dad loves classic cars, he restores them and I help him out!

My favourite things to do are restoring classic cars, photography, playing games, listening to music and singing and also watching Disney movies…

It’s really nice to meet you all!

Parents
  • Welcome. It's good you have a supportive family but it sounds like you have a lot going on.

I love disney movies. I love a lot of movies but disney are my go to if I'm having a bad day.

I like photographs. I'd love to get into it more. I don't have a proper camera but I love taking photos on my phone. It's something I always mean to pursue but never have.

• Welcome. It's good you have a supportive family but it sounds like you have a lot going on.

I love disney movies. I love a lot of movies but disney are my go to if I'm having a bad day.

I like photographs. I'd love to get into it more. I don't have a proper camera but I love taking photos on my phone. It's something I always mean to pursue but never have.

Children
  • Thank you Binary!

There is a lot going on unfortunately, and I worry a lot about it all, especially the future but through it all my family are still really supportive. I had a lot of bad things happen all at once and it hit me hard, but I’m getting back on track now!

No way! I love Disney as well! It’s my favourite type of movie, I love them all, especially Frozen… I’m also a huge fan of The Lion King, although I love them all. I like to watch them when I’m having a bad day as well.

I started taking pictures with my phone as well. At first I took pictures of my dad’s Vauxhall Senator when he was working on it, I took over two thousand pictures of it in 2015 never imagining that less than a year later I would be taking pictures of it at the side of the road with its front end smashed to pieces.

I still take pictures of the cars but also of the hills and countryside around my home. I also like to take pictures of the sunsets and flowers. It’s a great hobby to have. You should stick with it.