Undiagnosed adult siblings

I'm a 40 year old female who has struggled through life and always felt 'different'.  I have a suspicion that I may have some sort of Autism, and have joined this community to find out more.  I have suffered with life long anxiety and depression, as did my brother, who recently took his own life due to major depressive disorder.  He too always struggled with life, and felt deeply misunderstood, and we had spoken about the possibility of him having Aspergers.  I would really like to reach some understanding now for both of us.

Is there anyone out there who has been in a similar boat and whom could offer some advice?  

Parents
  • Hi and welcome. I’m a lot older and always knew I was different. Trying to find a strategy to manage my depression now. Recently diagnosed ASD and that has helped. Being on this forum helps. 

Sorry to hear about your brother. One of my brothers is undiagnosed but very strong Asperger traits. We were pre the age of diagnosis! He muddled through okay. Sorry yours didn’t. 

There are some good books out there about Asperger’s syndrome and specifically about women on the spectrum. The most useful to me were written by women recently diagnosed at time of writing. I read a few, and did an online test. No doubt others here can give you some pointers. 

So welcome! Stay awhile. Read. Discover. Maybe find a name?

• Hi and welcome. I’m a lot older and always knew I was different. Trying to find a strategy to manage my depression now. Recently diagnosed ASD and that has helped. Being on this forum helps. 

Sorry to hear about your brother. One of my brothers is undiagnosed but very strong Asperger traits. We were pre the age of diagnosis! He muddled through okay. Sorry yours didn’t. 

There are some good books out there about Asperger’s syndrome and specifically about women on the spectrum. The most useful to me were written by women recently diagnosed at time of writing. I read a few, and did an online test. No doubt others here can give you some pointers. 

So welcome! Stay awhile. Read. Discover. Maybe find a name?

Children
No Data