So different from others

My best friend is having a house party tonight and didn't invite me. I am really hurt that she didn't but I know in my heart I would not do well at a house party with my autism. I need my own space and a quite, warm comfy space to think about things. So I know I wouldn't have gone anyway. I would rather be curled up reading a book. But I still feel hurt and wonder if I wasn't autistic, maybe I would be a better person. Maybe I would have friends. It just makes me feel even more different from everyone to not be invited out, even if I know I wouldn't go. It gets me so down and very unhappy with myself. What should I do?

At parties like these, all the girls seem to be getting with the boys, but I am totally terrified of this! And again this makes me feel stupid and unable to accept why I am so different. My mum continuously tells me different is good but for a 16 year old in school with mild autism it so isn't. This might not make sense but I'm upset about all of this and didn't know where to turn to. I hope someone can help x

Parents
  • Perhaps one thing you should keep in mind is that most of what others describe their sexual experiences are like is vastly exaggerated and was probably often not even enjoyable. They also think they have to do this because everybody else does it and they would look really stupid if they were lacking behind... And they also try to appear normal, possibly without being particularly comfortable with what they believe "normal" is like. You may be less different there than you think. Not sure if that helps you right now, guess it's one of those things lots of people may tell you but you can only believe in at hindsight.

• Perhaps one thing you should keep in mind is that most of what others describe their sexual experiences are like is vastly exaggerated and was probably often not even enjoyable. They also think they have to do this because everybody else does it and they would look really stupid if they were lacking behind... And they also try to appear normal, possibly without being particularly comfortable with what they believe "normal" is like. You may be less different there than you think. Not sure if that helps you right now, guess it's one of those things lots of people may tell you but you can only believe in at hindsight.

Children
No Data