Possible dissociative disorder

Lately I have been experiencing these weird feelings. It feels like I am on drugs and can't control what I say or do. I am really worried and hate having these feelings as sometimes I can go through a day and not remember what happened and what people said to me. Does anybody else get these feelings? Please help LTG

Parents
  • LilySnape said:
    t

Lately I have been experiencing these weird feelings. It feels like I am on drugs and can't control what I say or do. I am really worried and hate having these feelings as sometimes I can go through a day and not remember what happened and what people said to me. Does anybody else get these feelings? Please help LTG

I get the very same feelings and have the same type of experiences, which I think are best described as being like a passenger riding in a car; rather than being the driver of it. Sometimes I have no awareness of events that I have participated in, sometimes jumbled and or confused memories, and other times complete awareness from start to finish.

Like myself perhaps, you may be experiencing what is referred to as Autistic Burn-out - which results from the strains of engaging (directly or indirectly) with neurotypical people in their competitive behaviours and expectations for too long.

I strongly suggest that you take some time out from any external pressure or strain whatsoever - and take it nice and easy without lazing out if possible. Keep yourself to a basic extent active and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Obviously - consult with your GP or preferred health professional about this as soon as you are or anyone else you trust is able to do so.

Possibly it could just be a case of resting up for a couple of weeks or so, and getting back on track with yourself. Make sure though that you avoid thinking about future requirements for the time being - distract yourself with pleasent movies, comedies, music, reading or whatever else makes you feel good spirited.

One tip finally, is learn to continually use deep gentle pelvic breathing as it reduces stress and calms the mind. Imagine in a sense that your lungs are below your belly-button and just keep on breathing gently as if this is actually the case. I have found from and with many others that this realy helps.

• LilySnape said:
    t

I get the very same feelings and have the same type of experiences, which I think are best described as being like a passenger riding in a car; rather than being the driver of it. Sometimes I have no awareness of events that I have participated in, sometimes jumbled and or confused memories, and other times complete awareness from start to finish.

Like myself perhaps, you may be experiencing what is referred to as Autistic Burn-out - which results from the strains of engaging (directly or indirectly) with neurotypical people in their competitive behaviours and expectations for too long.

I strongly suggest that you take some time out from any external pressure or strain whatsoever - and take it nice and easy without lazing out if possible. Keep yourself to a basic extent active and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Obviously - consult with your GP or preferred health professional about this as soon as you are or anyone else you trust is able to do so.

Possibly it could just be a case of resting up for a couple of weeks or so, and getting back on track with yourself. Make sure though that you avoid thinking about future requirements for the time being - distract yourself with pleasent movies, comedies, music, reading or whatever else makes you feel good spirited.

One tip finally, is learn to continually use deep gentle pelvic breathing as it reduces stress and calms the mind. Imagine in a sense that your lungs are below your belly-button and just keep on breathing gently as if this is actually the case. I have found from and with many others that this realy helps.

Children
No Data