Possible dissociative disorder

Lately I have been experiencing these weird feelings. It feels like I am on drugs and can't control what I say or do. I am really worried and hate having these feelings as sometimes I can go through a day and not remember what happened and what people said to me. Does anybody else get these feelings? Please help LTG

Parents
  • Hi LilySnape,

Have you seen a doctor to discuss these feelings of dissociation? If not I would encourage you to as soon as you can. Dissociative symptoms like the ones you describe can be quite serious (although they might not be necessarily - I am not a doctor). Although I'll leave the thread up for people to give their own advice, this is something that requires a professional medical opinion. It might be a good idea to keep a diary of the times you lose memory or feel dissociated so that you have a record to show the doctor.

Best wishes,

Ross - mod

• Hi LilySnape,

Have you seen a doctor to discuss these feelings of dissociation? If not I would encourage you to as soon as you can. Dissociative symptoms like the ones you describe can be quite serious (although they might not be necessarily - I am not a doctor). Although I'll leave the thread up for people to give their own advice, this is something that requires a professional medical opinion. It might be a good idea to keep a diary of the times you lose memory or feel dissociated so that you have a record to show the doctor.

Best wishes,

Ross - mod

Children
No Data