Parents of children with suspected asd/traits

What do you do? i am fed up, i know i have wrote about this before, however i really am fed up, i think my son is struggling with the change from infants to juniors in school,his behaviour is worst than ever.

Every single night we are having meltdowns,as we always have but worst than ever.

My son is 7 we have no diagnoses,but there is plenty to suspect he has mild asd, sorry high functioning.

I have tried talking to school,however because of circumstances that are way beyond schools control and mine i would rather not mither. But have tried,but again without going into detail which i cant say its rather tricky.

I am not eating,not sleeping brilliantly,having headaches daily and genreally feeling wretched and i think its all through the sheer stress of having to be constantly on alert,not having much of a break,in fact no break what so ever.

I try as much as i can to avoid his triggers  and yet we still have a lot of behaviours.

This week hes been begging me to tell school he wont be going to church,he says its too noisy and boring?

Everything is constant,theres no break.

I have tried eating a little more today,i need to put some weight on,i need to do this for me,i need to be well,i am fed up with being on the verge of tears all the time.

A teacher in school a few months ago before september decided in her good wisdom to remove him from the sen register as he copes well in school, and he had all the help he needed, then it all went,i wasnt happy because i knew it wasnt right and i spoke to the senco she said he should be on it, why? i question myself so many times as a parent is it me? am i doing a terrible job?

Weve been in the system since my son was 2/3,seeing speech therapists,seing the audiologist who gave us a leaflet on hypercussis,seeing the pead, i am at the point now where i think whats the point?

I absolutely love my son too bits,i dont know what im trying to say,i just feel the need to vent. xxx

• Don't back-off now! You have done a lot of the hardwork but I can see you are doubting yourself- been there & done that & wish we had had the support of other parents at the time! Go with your gut instinct! 

Our kids are usually OKish at school but let all the tension out at home where they know they are safe. 

Of course you love your son to bits but you sound absolutely worn out and need support - have you seen your GP for help? Maybe YOU need meds to get you through this or just someone to really listen to your concerns - we have just had two sessions of Family Therapy and this lovely counsellor just listened to us for a whole hour- it helped us to put things into perspective and the strength to keep fighting our 12 year battle- it doesn't need to be so hard - there is more awareness now, but it is knowing where to access the help.

We were 'fobbed-off' for years, told we didn't need a label - yes you do - so people take you seriously and you can access help-groups with other parents who know exactly what you are going through!

Please get some support - you aren't superwoman - you need some support as it's exhausting at times. 

X