Just a question

I'm a 22 year old Adult soon to be assessed for Aspergers I was wondering what I can expect at the assessment?

Parents
  • I'm getting some understanding, it's does make a lot of sense to me now why I've struggled with something's since childhood :)

thank you as well, glad it's helped you too :)

• Just had my NHS assessment and confirmation of ASD aged 51!  Not scary at all, I had several appointments mainly questionnaires and interviews plus an IQ test (again not as scary as it sounds, very straightforward).  I was present with the psychologist who wrote my report and I've felt supported all the way.  It's such a relief to understand WHY I'm the way I am and as a female why playing the game of being "normal" all these years has been so exhausting.  I relate to your struggle since childhood but even undiagnosed I managed to bring up 3 lovely kids who understand me and don't resent the lack of hugs - they know I'm a bit different and I make up for it in other ways.  I hope it all goes well for you and that things will finally make sense.  Good luck.

• Just had my NHS assessment and confirmation of ASD aged 51!  Not scary at all, I had several appointments mainly questionnaires and interviews plus an IQ test (again not as scary as it sounds, very straightforward).  I was present with the psychologist who wrote my report and I've felt supported all the way.  It's such a relief to understand WHY I'm the way I am and as a female why playing the game of being "normal" all these years has been so exhausting.  I relate to your struggle since childhood but even undiagnosed I managed to bring up 3 lovely kids who understand me and don't resent the lack of hugs - they know I'm a bit different and I make up for it in other ways.  I hope it all goes well for you and that things will finally make sense.  Good luck.

Children
No Data