This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Major Mental health Roller coaster!!

Hi

So recently I have been struggling Mentally and Physically, I have ADHD and Autism so I struggle a LOT with my emotions especially anger and anxiety, everyday is like a massive problem for me, Emotional dis-regulation is the worst thing for me, it just takes over my entire control of emotions and it's too hard to deal with.

Sometimes I get quite agitated with my emotions I feel like ripping my hair out, sometimes it gets as bad where I end up almost breaking something like a Laptop or TV in the room and my Anxiety takes over during that stage.

It goes a bit like

Anger ---> Sadness ---> anxiety ---> tired.

That's basically how my emotions roll with me after either an argument or absolute fail at something 

Please give me some tips on how I can regulate my emotions and take control over them 

Parents
  • Please give me some tips on how I can regulate my emotions and take control over them 

The following book may give you an insight into the condition and some ways to better regulate your emotions:

Emotional Processing Deficits and Happiness, Assessing the Measurement, Correlates, and Well-Being of People with Alexithymia - Linden R. Timoney, Mark D. Holder
    ISBN 9789400771765

It is partucularly difficult to relf-remedy so I would recommend using a therapist with experience of the subject as well as being trained in autism so you get the best possible fit.

At the core of it is understanding your emotions at any point in time - we tend to only connect well with the more primal ones (anger, fear, sadness) when the other ones are harder to pick up on. If you can mix a bit of mindfulness into your thinking it will help a lot with connecting to your emotions across the board and being able to express them in a healthy way.

Why did I imagine this said by Yoda? Am I weird?

• Please give me some tips on how I can regulate my emotions and take control over them 

The following book may give you an insight into the condition and some ways to better regulate your emotions:

Emotional Processing Deficits and Happiness, Assessing the Measurement, Correlates, and Well-Being of People with Alexithymia - Linden R. Timoney, Mark D. Holder
    ISBN 9789400771765

It is partucularly difficult to relf-remedy so I would recommend using a therapist with experience of the subject as well as being trained in autism so you get the best possible fit.

At the core of it is understanding your emotions at any point in time - we tend to only connect well with the more primal ones (anger, fear, sadness) when the other ones are harder to pick up on. If you can mix a bit of mindfulness into your thinking it will help a lot with connecting to your emotions across the board and being able to express them in a healthy way.

Why did I imagine this said by Yoda? Am I weird?

Children
No Data