This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Major Mental health Roller coaster!!

Hi

So recently I have been struggling Mentally and Physically, I have ADHD and Autism so I struggle a LOT with my emotions especially anger and anxiety, everyday is like a massive problem for me, Emotional dis-regulation is the worst thing for me, it just takes over my entire control of emotions and it's too hard to deal with.

Sometimes I get quite agitated with my emotions I feel like ripping my hair out, sometimes it gets as bad where I end up almost breaking something like a Laptop or TV in the room and my Anxiety takes over during that stage.

It goes a bit like

Anger ---> Sadness ---> anxiety ---> tired.

That's basically how my emotions roll with me after either an argument or absolute fail at something 

Please give me some tips on how I can regulate my emotions and take control over them 

Parents
  • welcome to the community. I dont know weather you have diffuculty writeing or if you dont cause your new but one thing you could do is write down what you are thinking and how you feell. another thing you could do is maybe if you are comfidant in  drawing which I dont know if you are or not you could draw how you feell. it doesnt matter what your writeing or drawing is like as long as it helps you deal with you emotions.

otherwise there is things designed for people who struggle with emotions like stress balls or fidget toys that you can spin and other things like that that can help people who get stressed and find them hard to deal with.

another thing you can do if you dont have an issue with the dark is switch the light off or only have a dim light to help you relax. another thing is if you find them hard to deal with you could get something like a punching bag abit like what people use to practice there punches in martial arts to help deal with the stress aswell. you could also go for a run too

as for the failing part remember that if you never fail in anything then you wont learn from failures and learn   where you can improve. think to yourself what can I do better next time. think of failures as like a lesson on what to do and how to get better next time. and in the end you will get better next time and the likelihood of sucess increases. but for everything you have said as a whole   these are just some ideas iv come up with 

• welcome to the community. I dont know weather you have diffuculty writeing or if you dont cause your new but one thing you could do is write down what you are thinking and how you feell. another thing you could do is maybe if you are comfidant in  drawing which I dont know if you are or not you could draw how you feell. it doesnt matter what your writeing or drawing is like as long as it helps you deal with you emotions.

otherwise there is things designed for people who struggle with emotions like stress balls or fidget toys that you can spin and other things like that that can help people who get stressed and find them hard to deal with.

another thing you can do if you dont have an issue with the dark is switch the light off or only have a dim light to help you relax. another thing is if you find them hard to deal with you could get something like a punching bag abit like what people use to practice there punches in martial arts to help deal with the stress aswell. you could also go for a run too

as for the failing part remember that if you never fail in anything then you wont learn from failures and learn   where you can improve. think to yourself what can I do better next time. think of failures as like a lesson on what to do and how to get better next time. and in the end you will get better next time and the likelihood of sucess increases. but for everything you have said as a whole   these are just some ideas iv come up with 

Children
No Data