Diversity of reaction to burnout and overstimulation?

How do people experience these differently?

personally, a ‘meltdown’ (don’t like this term) for me takes the form of an intense headache (which can then last for 3 days despite painkillers) & need to be alone( not always possible),  whereas for my niece, she needs to scream when she’s overwhelmed. I just wondered if others also had differing experiences?p

Parents
  • Yeh I have the same experience as you to be honest. I get a throbbing headache when I am overwhelmed by light and sounds etc. Paracetamol usually helps with it. Sleep helps. Lying in a dark room helps (not always possible). But yeh I don’t know it’s annoying at times. It’s not like we can switch it off either it doesn’t go away. I am fine when I am alone lol. Maybe I ought to go and live in a cave somewhere haha

• Yeh I have the same experience as you to be honest. I get a throbbing headache when I am overwhelmed by light and sounds etc. Paracetamol usually helps with it. Sleep helps. Lying in a dark room helps (not always possible). But yeh I don’t know it’s annoying at times. It’s not like we can switch it off either it doesn’t go away. I am fine when I am alone lol. Maybe I ought to go and live in a cave somewhere haha

Children
No Data