Constant stomach pain

I get a lot of stomach pain, generally at the top of my stomach though it occurs at the bottom of the abdomen as well. Basically all over though the top of the stomach feels hard and bloated 90% of the time. 

In the past I've had bloods and tests and everything came back normal. So I can at least be assured there is nothing life threateningly wrong with me. My GP suggested it be IBS and mostly associated with anxiety as I've got generalised anxiety disorder and am somewhat anxious most of the time.

I get a lot of belching as well and often worry about an ulcer, I have most of the symptoms, trouble is I've had a lot of tests etc and I know that all the symptoms I have are associated with anxiety... But still I worry.

The link between GI disorders and autism is extensive annoying. It stops me getting on in life and it's depressing with it. I don't suppose the continuous sugary drinks I have helps but a lot of it comes down to highly sensitive pain as well.

I miss the times where I used to have no stomach issues whatsoever and now it's more trying to ease any discomfort and stay as calm as possible.

A constant battle. Is this something anyone else relates with and has experienced?

Parents
  • Yeh I get it too. Tests came back negative also. Not sure what it is. My antidepressants seem to help a lot though. So it’s good I’ve got those. There seems to be something about inflammation and autism from the research I’ve done. Antidepressants are somewhat anti inflammatory so may help you a bit. I also started taking turmeric which is a potent anti inflammatory herb so going to see if that helps as well. I was in a lot of pain with it yesterday but seems to have gone away now. Were you tested for inflammatory cytokines? 

• I'm really sorry that this is something you experience and struggle with. Have you found meditation helpful? This is something I've read about and a lot of people say it is helpful. I haven't tried it myself yet but it's something I'm interested to try and see if it helps. My GP has recommended I take antidepressants as well, I am considering doing so, if I do hopefully I'll find they help with the pain as yours do.

Anything to reduce the pain would be nice as it is incredible uncomfortable to live with and deal with on a daily basis. I really wish high sensitivity to pain isn't something I have to deal with - no one should have to live like this. I'm sorry for us all.

• I'm really sorry that this is something you experience and struggle with. Have you found meditation helpful? This is something I've read about and a lot of people say it is helpful. I haven't tried it myself yet but it's something I'm interested to try and see if it helps. My GP has recommended I take antidepressants as well, I am considering doing so, if I do hopefully I'll find they help with the pain as yours do.

Anything to reduce the pain would be nice as it is incredible uncomfortable to live with and deal with on a daily basis. I really wish high sensitivity to pain isn't something I have to deal with - no one should have to live like this. I'm sorry for us all.

Children