Breakfast

Apparently breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's meant to give you energy for the rest of the day ahead, very much needed for me as I'm always exhausted.

Do you eat breakfast? That's my question as I used to when I was little but in my teens my sensitivity to pain etc got a lot worse and now I have to be really careful what I eat as my GI problems and pain affect me greatly and it makes eating difficult especially in the morning.

I've taken to eating a cut up banana in the morning, it leaves my stomach aching after but I don't feel sick which is nice. Plus it's one of the five a day... So that can only mean goodness for the body I hope.

I wonder what the link is with GI problems and autism? I guess there is actually a link. I know a lot of members here struggle with food like I do so it can't just be coincidence.

Parents
  • I am on and off with eating breakfast - some days I'm not bothered, other days I will eat it because I'm very hungry. 

I usually eat cheesy scrambled eggs as it's a good source of protein and then have a little pot of blueberries - keeps me full until lunch time. :-)

There is definitely a link somewhere with GI problems I think, what that is, I'm not sure. Doctor said I had IBS a few years back after I struggled with severe bloating and stomach pain after eating anything. 

I went through a period where I ate keto/carnivore diet, which oddly really helped my stomach problems (kind of like a hard reset) - FYI I'm not suggesting going on any diet, just sharing my experience. 

Now, I'm gluten free and just stick to less processed food, more organic, animal-focused diet, which is good in protein and lots of greens. Have to say, I have a bit of an obsession with sweet potato and butternut squash at the moment - both are so yummy!!

I wonder what the link is with GI problems and autism? I guess there is actually a link.

May be worth looking into the Brain-Gut connection a bit more as there is science behind this. 

• There is definitely a link somewhere with GI problems I think, what that is, I'm not sure. Doctor said I had IBS a few years back after I struggled with severe bloating and stomach pain after eating anything. 

Currently this is one of my biggest problems as well. I get pain afterwards and sometimes nausea and acid reflux, very occasionally vomiting if I'm unlucky. I've had so many tests but nothing ever came back so it's assumed to be IBS and stress, linked with autism.

I try to watch my diet to make sure I don't eat anything too triggering. I'm trying to cut out sugary foods and drinks as at the moment I consume way too much sugar and this makes it a lot worse.

• I know it's not a solution, but peppermint tea is quite soothing - I found this really helped my pain/upset stomach when I was really suffering. That and green tea. Chamomile is also a great choice for helping feel calm, which I like to have before bed. 

• I know it's not a solution, but peppermint tea is quite soothing - I found this really helped my pain/upset stomach when I was really suffering. That and green tea. Chamomile is also a great choice for helping feel calm, which I like to have before bed. 

Children
No Data