Feeling alone

When you feel alone what do you do? (As in alone as an autistic). I am a mum so hardly ever alone haha

also sometimes i just want to be by myself, even without my partner. Does anyone feel this? He never understands me & probably never will

Parents
  • Alone time is either creative time or recharge time, sometimes both but I also need to be with others in a non stressful non demanding way. for that I try a few things.

1. sit at a cafe and watch people, sometimes talk with them

2. take a walk

3. watch a show.

4. I go to the gym where there are other people, all focused on their solitary activities and not having extensive conversations. Some fist bumps and a friendly "hey" now and then! It is enough to just be there in "parallel play'. This is my best medicine.

It is important to have encounters with people who have no obligations or expectations of me, even if they are brief,  like the baristas who know me so well at my fav go-tp cafe, and when I will show up that they have my drink ready when I walk through the door and are happy just to have an exchange with me and receive me as a friendly presence and are happy to see me.

I also may sit in a public space and just watch the people going about without having any exchanges, just enjoying the view.

So when you get that sense of loneliness you can do these sorts of things perhaps, or you can think of something likewise that would suit.   For me I have to leave all the familiar things in the space I live in and be in another familiar setting where there are people in a relatively quiet frame of mind.

The library is another good destination. 

• Alone time is either creative time or recharge time, sometimes both but I also need to be with others in a non stressful non demanding way. for that I try a few things.

1. sit at a cafe and watch people, sometimes talk with them

2. take a walk

3. watch a show.

4. I go to the gym where there are other people, all focused on their solitary activities and not having extensive conversations. Some fist bumps and a friendly "hey" now and then! It is enough to just be there in "parallel play'. This is my best medicine.

It is important to have encounters with people who have no obligations or expectations of me, even if they are brief,  like the baristas who know me so well at my fav go-tp cafe, and when I will show up that they have my drink ready when I walk through the door and are happy just to have an exchange with me and receive me as a friendly presence and are happy to see me.

I also may sit in a public space and just watch the people going about without having any exchanges, just enjoying the view.

So when you get that sense of loneliness you can do these sorts of things perhaps, or you can think of something likewise that would suit.   For me I have to leave all the familiar things in the space I live in and be in another familiar setting where there are people in a relatively quiet frame of mind.

The library is another good destination. 

Children
No Data