How many people here are both isolated and alone and also have the Christian faith?

I know we have a few really isolated people here, and I know we have a few Christians, but I'm interested to see if there many (or even any) who exist in both groups.

*EDIT* Thank you all for your answers. It's been a nice discussion to be a part of for once! It seems fair to say that the christian faith fro those who have it seems to help a bit in most cases, greatly in others, and fail for some. A common cause of "failure" seems to be a mis-selling of the basic message, the nature of which varies depending upon which imperfect human tried to give you the faith. The God I believe in, has given us everything we need to have a great life, if we can only just learn to use it right.

Most of us need to live a long life just to figure that out, then we die! 

Parents
  • I'm not Christian, I'm an Orthodox Jew, but a lot that's here is recognisable. Religious communities can be cliquey and insular. I'm not really alone any more as I have my fiancee, but she's probably also autistic or AuDHD and we worry about finding a community where we'll be accepted, especially as I'm a lot more religious than she is and we worry that the mismatch will put people off befriending us. There aren't many Orthodox Jewish autistics out there, apparently. Hence I married someone not as religious as me, as the religious women tended to see me as weird (OK, I'm putting words in their mouths, but that was the vibe I had), not religious enough or, sometimes, too religious. And I wasn't getting set up on blind dates the way Orthodox Jews are supposed to be set up. I could never work out if people thought I was weird or not religious enough or just didn't notice me.

I could go into a whole thing here about not fitting theologically with ultra-Orthodox Jews, but the Modern Orthodox community in the UK not being so religious and, anyway, not being an ultra-successful career person or genius academic like most Modern Orthodox Jews seem to be. Trust me, it's very socially isolating.

Judaism is a very community-based religion, so being awful at community-based stuff (long periods when I didn't make it to synagogue at all due to burnout/depression/social anxiety/panic attacks) has left me feeling like a terrible Jew much of my life.

I have much more to say, but no time as the Sabbath comes in soon...

• I'm not Christian, I'm an Orthodox Jew, but a lot that's here is recognisable. Religious communities can be cliquey and insular. I'm not really alone any more as I have my fiancee, but she's probably also autistic or AuDHD and we worry about finding a community where we'll be accepted, especially as I'm a lot more religious than she is and we worry that the mismatch will put people off befriending us. There aren't many Orthodox Jewish autistics out there, apparently. Hence I married someone not as religious as me, as the religious women tended to see me as weird (OK, I'm putting words in their mouths, but that was the vibe I had), not religious enough or, sometimes, too religious. And I wasn't getting set up on blind dates the way Orthodox Jews are supposed to be set up. I could never work out if people thought I was weird or not religious enough or just didn't notice me.

I could go into a whole thing here about not fitting theologically with ultra-Orthodox Jews, but the Modern Orthodox community in the UK not being so religious and, anyway, not being an ultra-successful career person or genius academic like most Modern Orthodox Jews seem to be. Trust me, it's very socially isolating.

Judaism is a very community-based religion, so being awful at community-based stuff (long periods when I didn't make it to synagogue at all due to burnout/depression/social anxiety/panic attacks) has left me feeling like a terrible Jew much of my life.

I have much more to say, but no time as the Sabbath comes in soon...

Children
No Data