Pains but no cause

I've recently had tests including bloods and literally nothing comes back despite me being in pain all the time. Usually in my stomach. I've had tests a few years back and the same thing. I genuinely am in pain but my family think I imagine it. Could this be an autism thing? I try to keep busy and it can help with the pain at times but it's always there and can make me feel rough at times. I had tests a few days ago and today the GP said it's all come back okay. Confused and feeling like I just graduated from the school of muppets.

Parents
  • In the past, I've been convinced - like really convinced - that I was dying of a stomach/bowel issue.  It transpires I was not, despite some extremely characteristic pain and other indicators all being symptomatic of a problem...for months and months.

I have read many articles and accounts of autistic people having an unusual relationship to the feeling of pain.....and to a lesser extent, relationship with illness generally.

My experience with pain and illness has always been decidedly atypical.

I do hope your troubles pass.

• In the past, I've been convinced - like really convinced - that I was dying of a stomach/bowel issue.  It transpires I was not, despite some extremely characteristic pain and other indicators all being symptomatic of a problem...for months and months.

I have read many articles and accounts of autistic people having an unusual relationship to the feeling of pain.....and to a lesser extent, relationship with illness generally.

My experience with pain and illness has always been decidedly atypical.

I do hope your troubles pass.

Children
No Data