daily anxiety for teenage girls with ASC

Hello - I have a teenage daughter newly diagnosed with ASC. She currently is not comfortable with being neuro diverse and does not accept it, but this was long journey to try to the find the cause of many symptoms, including anorexia, OCD and self harm, as well as depression. She is currently in a better place, but is suffering daily moments of anxiety while at school, which often come without warning. They do not seem to follow a pattern except for being morning for a while and now afternoon based, but they make her throat feel very restricted, then feel very nauseous which leads her to start to panic. She sometimes needs to leave the lessons but can sometimes work through it, but it's exhausting. The school are supportive but wondering what help we have in place. We have had years of psychiatrist, psychologist, CBT and at the moment she sees an art therapist weekly. We were given an option for medication at one point but have put that off for now. She is sceptical about CBT style tools for anxiety management - personally, I'm so proud of her every day, watching her feel these overwhelming emotions that are so hard to manage and still getting herself to school every day, even if she does miss some lessons sometimes - but I've just received two messages form the school pastoral care team and nurse asking what we have in place to support her, and I'm feeling a bit lost to know what else we can do. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give. Has anyone here experienced this kind of anxiety that's so physical to manage? Do you have any tips to help deal with it? I know that having a break from school from time to time helps, to rest and recover. Any advice will be greatly received! Thank you, N

Parents Reply Children
No Data