Initial assessment

Hi all

Just a quickie.

My 6 year old has an initial appointment with a pediatrician after being referred re: an ASD, can anyone tell me what to expect??

Thanks

Louise x

Parents
  • Hi There

Thank you for your reply.

We had jacks appointment today with the pediatritian. She spent a long time with us talking about jack and doing some activities with him. She agreed that he definatly would benefit from a full assessment and has referred him to camhs. I know that this is the first hurdle and it's not nessecarily going to be plain sailing with each professional, but we came away feeling very positive that we had been taken seriously and that she had understood us. 

Thanks again xx

• Hi There

Thank you for your reply.

We had jacks appointment today with the pediatritian. She spent a long time with us talking about jack and doing some activities with him. She agreed that he definatly would benefit from a full assessment and has referred him to camhs. I know that this is the first hurdle and it's not nessecarily going to be plain sailing with each professional, but we came away feeling very positive that we had been taken seriously and that she had understood us. 

Thanks again xx

Children
No Data