What activities make you feel good about yourself

Like many, I often struggle to manage my mental health, self-esteem and negative thoughts towards myself. However, I do have a few activities that I enjoy that just help to reframe things and make me feel positive about myself.

What activities do you enjoy that have a positive effect on your outlook?

I just started exercise again after a 3 month break and it feels wonderful. I also picked up woodworking again after a similar break and have just completed making a new workbench. It’s not brilliant, but it’s mine and I’m proud of it.

Parents
  • i dunno.
    i can do nothing and just be...i dunno... like a deactivated robot, no different doing nothing and staring at a wall compared to playing games... everything is the same feeling of nothingness for me, i guess i lost all interest in everything and everything is the same nothing. detached, uninterested. it makes me pretty effective worker drone though. and probably would make me very easily survive prison solitude, which tbh would probably be like a peaceful relaxing holiday break to me.

• hmm although i often get harassed and shouted at by my dad which makes me angry and sad, then i go to my room think on it and the emotion releases then, then i kill and control it and go disconnected again.... this is why im thinking now im perhaps more szpd than asd, my dads a narcissistic bully, and szpd is just a natural product of someone coping with such a douchebag all their life. not to mention all through school everyone there was abusive when i was younger. and at home i get given no privacy as my dad always goes in my room and roots around my stuff whenever im out which pisses me off. i release anger more than i used to, but when people are not around to see, probably better that way but things can get broken. neighbours can probably hear me shout sometimes, especially when im filling out stupid forms with stupid questions for things like getting a mortgage lol

• im not entire sure what my dads game has been as of late but it seems more i forgot the correct word as i drunk a bit too much, advancing aggressively or whatever, provocative, as if he is taking chance and detected my emotionless outer shell and trying to break it, which is really bad as he wont like the explosion if he succeeded, especially as he often tried to do it very provocatively getting in my face shouting and and squaring up to me and accusing me of being a bad person and so on and me of being the shouty violent person when hes literally doing that and im quiet lol as if he detected whats beneath my quiet emotionless shell and is trying to smash through it and thats his goal maybe, not really a good idea. its a pretty tough shell though but if it breaks whoever breaks it will likely get hurt for pushing through it so hard and cornering me emotionally and being overly aggressive. most people would have hit him for how he acted to me just a day ago. came back from his holidays just a day ago and first thing he does is get in my face and shout at me for no reason, well he had things hes shouting about but i cant understand it as they are pointless little things, no reason things, such as me not using a mortgage broker he recommended a month ago which he already shouted at me for before and decided to again when he came back for no reason and then accusing me of being a big head thinking i know better and thinking i think hes wrong and so on then going on to claim i do nothing when i literally work longer hours than him. claim im shouty and aweful and and treat everyone like *** when i hardly have any interaction with anyone as im pretty much a shut in. dudes a nut case. and his arguments and attacks dont make sense, i cant really explain it as they dont make sense. its just hate and bile for no reason, and all in my face getting closer and closer with slight movement threat as if hes going to hit me at times. i had to put up with that *** all my life from him.

• im not entire sure what my dads game has been as of late but it seems more i forgot the correct word as i drunk a bit too much, advancing aggressively or whatever, provocative, as if he is taking chance and detected my emotionless outer shell and trying to break it, which is really bad as he wont like the explosion if he succeeded, especially as he often tried to do it very provocatively getting in my face shouting and and squaring up to me and accusing me of being a bad person and so on and me of being the shouty violent person when hes literally doing that and im quiet lol as if he detected whats beneath my quiet emotionless shell and is trying to smash through it and thats his goal maybe, not really a good idea. its a pretty tough shell though but if it breaks whoever breaks it will likely get hurt for pushing through it so hard and cornering me emotionally and being overly aggressive. most people would have hit him for how he acted to me just a day ago. came back from his holidays just a day ago and first thing he does is get in my face and shout at me for no reason, well he had things hes shouting about but i cant understand it as they are pointless little things, no reason things, such as me not using a mortgage broker he recommended a month ago which he already shouted at me for before and decided to again when he came back for no reason and then accusing me of being a big head thinking i know better and thinking i think hes wrong and so on then going on to claim i do nothing when i literally work longer hours than him. claim im shouty and aweful and and treat everyone like *** when i hardly have any interaction with anyone as im pretty much a shut in. dudes a nut case. and his arguments and attacks dont make sense, i cant really explain it as they dont make sense. its just hate and bile for no reason, and all in my face getting closer and closer with slight movement threat as if hes going to hit me at times. i had to put up with that *** all my life from him.

Children
No Data