What activities make you feel good about yourself

Like many, I often struggle to manage my mental health, self-esteem and negative thoughts towards myself. However, I do have a few activities that I enjoy that just help to reframe things and make me feel positive about myself.

What activities do you enjoy that have a positive effect on your outlook?

I just started exercise again after a 3 month break and it feels wonderful. I also picked up woodworking again after a similar break and have just completed making a new workbench. It’s not brilliant, but it’s mine and I’m proud of it.

Parents
  • i dunno.
    i can do nothing and just be...i dunno... like a deactivated robot, no different doing nothing and staring at a wall compared to playing games... everything is the same feeling of nothingness for me, i guess i lost all interest in everything and everything is the same nothing. detached, uninterested. it makes me pretty effective worker drone though. and probably would make me very easily survive prison solitude, which tbh would probably be like a peaceful relaxing holiday break to me.

• i dunno.
    i can do nothing and just be...i dunno... like a deactivated robot, no different doing nothing and staring at a wall compared to playing games... everything is the same feeling of nothingness for me, i guess i lost all interest in everything and everything is the same nothing. detached, uninterested. it makes me pretty effective worker drone though. and probably would make me very easily survive prison solitude, which tbh would probably be like a peaceful relaxing holiday break to me.

Children
  • hmm although i often get harassed and shouted at by my dad which makes me angry and sad, then i go to my room think on it and the emotion releases then, then i kill and control it and go disconnected again.... this is why im thinking now im perhaps more szpd than asd, my dads a narcissistic bully, and szpd is just a natural product of someone coping with such a douchebag all their life. not to mention all through school everyone there was abusive when i was younger. and at home i get given no privacy as my dad always goes in my room and roots around my stuff whenever im out which pisses me off. i release anger more than i used to, but when people are not around to see, probably better that way but things can get broken. neighbours can probably hear me shout sometimes, especially when im filling out stupid forms with stupid questions for things like getting a mortgage lol