What activities make you feel good about yourself

Like many, I often struggle to manage my mental health, self-esteem and negative thoughts towards myself. However, I do have a few activities that I enjoy that just help to reframe things and make me feel positive about myself.

What activities do you enjoy that have a positive effect on your outlook?

I just started exercise again after a 3 month break and it feels wonderful. I also picked up woodworking again after a similar break and have just completed making a new workbench. It’s not brilliant, but it’s mine and I’m proud of it.

Parents
  • The main activity that makes me feel good about myself is my writing. I write mainly sports articles, football and cricket, and a lot of it is historical stuff and ties into my main special interest which is European history and culture, especially Germany and the former GDR. I feel good about myself when I write something and it gets published 

• The main activity that makes me feel good about myself is my writing. I write mainly sports articles, football and cricket, and a lot of it is historical stuff and ties into my main special interest which is European history and culture, especially Germany and the former GDR. I feel good about myself when I write something and it gets published 

Children