Why is finding healthy food so complicated

I have to be honest, I don’t know very much about what is healthy and nutritious for you, I grew up on sugary breakfast cereal, instant soup cans, and frozen pizza for most of my childhood. Now I’m a teen just trying to improve her health but there’s so much conflicting information out there. I thought I was being healthier by making coffee at home and using sugar free syrups in it instead of going to Starbucks every morning and starting my day with 300 liquid calories, but now I’m hearing that what I’m doing is apparently worse? And I thought buying the banza Mac and cheese boxes and pairing it with some broccoli was better than my usual Kraft Mac and cheese box but now I’m being told it’s not? And I thought eating a bunch of fruits and vegetables throughout the day surely would be healthy right??? But every one just says “too many carbs and sugars.” It just seems like every food I find that I think is healthy is apparently not, what am I supposed to eat??? It’s like there’s something wrong with every food on earth! I don’t know what to do, I just wanted to be healthier :(

Parents
  • First of all, diet and nutrition are about finding what right for YOU. Look into your genetics and even the science behind eating for blood type groups. Not everyone is nourished the same. 

I agree with moderation and not bothering with calories. Eating smaller portions more often is good if you have to mind blood sugar levels. So a handful of almonds or trail mix are quite good. 

A little real sugar and salt are important for hydration. The body doesn't assimilate chemically designed sweetness or artificial anything into a purposeful use. Hydration is the first key to staying healthy. And that means a balanced intake of minerals including salt. I put a bit of honey in tea or maple syrup in coffee instead of refined sugar, but remember, sugar cane grows out of the ground. it's a plant. The body converts most things to sugar.

I don't think it's wise to forgo fish, eggs, or meat, but we don't need it for every meal. However, you cannot get certain vitamins from 'substitutions'. Listen to your body. Sometimes if you crave sour patch gummies, it might actually mean your body wants citrus. Or if you crave chocolate, first try really dark chocolate. You might be craving iron which can be found in red meat. 

Be cautious with sugar-free anything. It might mean chemically made sweeteners. 100% Juice is packed with vitamins. Stick with natural ingredients first. Try all kinds of veg, fruit, grains (if you can) and other things. A little diary can be healthy. If you allow yourself to try a lot of different foods, you may find ones which are useful to your body. And there's nothing wrong with making coffee at home, I do it almost every morning. Add maple syrup. :) 

• First of all, diet and nutrition are about finding what right for YOU. Look into your genetics and even the science behind eating for blood type groups. Not everyone is nourished the same. 

I agree with moderation and not bothering with calories. Eating smaller portions more often is good if you have to mind blood sugar levels. So a handful of almonds or trail mix are quite good. 

A little real sugar and salt are important for hydration. The body doesn't assimilate chemically designed sweetness or artificial anything into a purposeful use. Hydration is the first key to staying healthy. And that means a balanced intake of minerals including salt. I put a bit of honey in tea or maple syrup in coffee instead of refined sugar, but remember, sugar cane grows out of the ground. it's a plant. The body converts most things to sugar.

I don't think it's wise to forgo fish, eggs, or meat, but we don't need it for every meal. However, you cannot get certain vitamins from 'substitutions'. Listen to your body. Sometimes if you crave sour patch gummies, it might actually mean your body wants citrus. Or if you crave chocolate, first try really dark chocolate. You might be craving iron which can be found in red meat. 

Be cautious with sugar-free anything. It might mean chemically made sweeteners. 100% Juice is packed with vitamins. Stick with natural ingredients first. Try all kinds of veg, fruit, grains (if you can) and other things. A little diary can be healthy. If you allow yourself to try a lot of different foods, you may find ones which are useful to your body. And there's nothing wrong with making coffee at home, I do it almost every morning. Add maple syrup. :) 

Children
No Data