Medicinal smoking...

Cannabis... Some do, some don't... I used to, but am really quite pleased with myself! Attempt 1.3m is now my longest period of cessation in about 3 or 4 years. Just a reminder... don't limit your resolve to NYE, you can make changes anytime. But make them for the right reason! :-)

Parents
  • Interesting to note everyone's different experiences.  I've never felt able to smoke as, from the earliest days when i was trying to fit in with my peer group at school, it just made me turn green and vomit.  Then, when I tried smoking weed at university, I felt really, really ill - instant surge of extreme nausea and an immediate dash to the loo needed.

Imagine my surprise then, much later on in life, when I discovered that cannabis oils and edibles really help me.  The effects seem very different to me, although in my youth I admit I wasn't paying any attention to dosage or method of imbibing, I was just going with the crowd (and failing, badly).  

So, whilst I'd encourage anyone to give up smoking, I'm still very keen on edibles and to me they've proved more beneficial than any of the drugs I've tried in the past (incl. SSRIs, betablockers, OTC meds, alternative remedies and self medicating with alcohol).  I'm now using one of the many cannabis clinics around so my dosage is monitored and standardised.  Not sure what my GP and consultant will make of it though, when I eventually get to see them that is.       

• instant surge of extreme nausea and an immediate dash to the loo

Usually happens if you mix it with alcohol, it's called a 'whitey' as your body goes into shock trying to deal with multiple intoxicants too fast. It shuts you down so you can't poison yourself more.

• Plinky, I'd like to offer my own alternative understanding of what a whitey is. Alcohol has rarely (if at all) been involved in the few I've personally experienced.

I believe the whiteness and lightheaded nausea is actually caused by an abrupt lowering of blood pressure which is reputed to accompany cannabis use. (And probably why I always "ace" blood pressure tests)

• I'm sure that can be either a cause or an effect of overconsumption. A large dose of cannabis on an inexperienced user is contraindicated.

Reply Children
No Data