Moving Out

Hi, I am a 21 year old who is on the autism spectrum. I have recently reserved a flat which i should hopefully be moving into in Early 2023. Is there anyone that is on here that also has moved out that has any tips on how to prepare to live alone. 

I did try searching on the internet but couldn't really find anything related to the subject. 

Parents
  • there is few new habits to make if you want to live alone

1. remember to take keys with you whenever you leave the flat, especially if you have one of those english locks with latches, calling a locksmiths is pricey, I did once in a middle of the night going out for a cigarette, brrrr

2. take rubbish out

3. have an afternoon with friend/friends/family every week or two to avoid physical loneliness and avoid turning into weirdo neighbours avoid while talking about

4. neighbours are worth befriending, they good source of info, and keep a look for strangers around your place when you not there, believe me most of people have it on automatic to spy on neighbours :P use it

• there is few new habits to make if you want to live alone

1. remember to take keys with you whenever you leave the flat, especially if you have one of those english locks with latches, calling a locksmiths is pricey, I did once in a middle of the night going out for a cigarette, brrrr

2. take rubbish out

3. have an afternoon with friend/friends/family every week or two to avoid physical loneliness and avoid turning into weirdo neighbours avoid while talking about

4. neighbours are worth befriending, they good source of info, and keep a look for strangers around your place when you not there, believe me most of people have it on automatic to spy on neighbours :P use it

Children
No Data