Hair washing

Hello All :-)

Does anyone here hate washing their own hair.  I tend to avoid washing my hair until it gets really greasy (not good I know).

I wash my hair over my bath with a shower hose and I try and do it as quickly as possible as I hate getting my face wet.   When I was a child, my mother used to wash my hair with a shower hose over the bath and I would have to put a flannel over my face.

If I'm at the hairdressers and have my hair washed over a basin it doesn't seem to bother me.

Just want to hear your thoughts, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • I find it really hard to motivate myself to shower regularly. My hair gets greasy very quickly too. I also like to have my hair washed at the hairdresser. I can't say I dislike the shower or bath, but I just seem to really hate giving time to it, like it's an inconvenience to have to do it. I suppose the hairdresser feels like a treat in comparison? 

I liked it when I had a fringe because you can just wash a fringe under the tap and it makes your hair look a bit fresher for longer without having to wash the whole thing. I grew my fringe out in the pandemic though and don't go to the hairdresser regularly enough to bother putting one back in. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year at the very most. 

• Ah I’d not thought about this before, once I’m in the shower or bath I’m fine but I do find it hard to prioritise it over all else most days. Other things seem more worthy of my time, I agree it definitely feels like an inconvenience 

• Ah I’d not thought about this before, once I’m in the shower or bath I’m fine but I do find it hard to prioritise it over all else most days. Other things seem more worthy of my time, I agree it definitely feels like an inconvenience 

Children
No Data