Hair washing

Hello All :-)

Does anyone here hate washing their own hair.  I tend to avoid washing my hair until it gets really greasy (not good I know).

I wash my hair over my bath with a shower hose and I try and do it as quickly as possible as I hate getting my face wet.   When I was a child, my mother used to wash my hair with a shower hose over the bath and I would have to put a flannel over my face.

If I'm at the hairdressers and have my hair washed over a basin it doesn't seem to bother me.

Just want to hear your thoughts, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • I disliked washing in a tub as well a long time.

In a house I was growing up there was no running water, we had well outside and then you would heat up water in a few pots on a stove, enough to fill wooden bathtub. Not a pleasant experience. luckiliy once a week only. So I prefered to keep my hair short to avoid greasy looking.

When I was 7 we moved to a flat in a block of flats in a city. I could take shower there, such a luxury Stuck out tongue, problem solved. I could have a fling with long hair, and I did shoulder length for a while, no greasy hair, go wild Stuck out tongue, until I was hit with a fireball in a pub and lost half of it, and I had to shave off the other half to look normal, I was 21 then, and back to short hair.

When I was 32 I had a crazy idea for an experiment, I get those now and then, I decided I need to know how it feels to have a sensory deprivation tank experience. I came up with a home made version, joint, ear plugs, sleeping mask for eyes, and I fall asleep in a tub. You need tub big enough to float. Amazing experience, when the water gets cold it wakes you up, so about 1h, super rejuvenating

And now I enjoy having a tub

• I disliked washing in a tub as well a long time.

In a house I was growing up there was no running water, we had well outside and then you would heat up water in a few pots on a stove, enough to fill wooden bathtub. Not a pleasant experience. luckiliy once a week only. So I prefered to keep my hair short to avoid greasy looking.

When I was 7 we moved to a flat in a block of flats in a city. I could take shower there, such a luxury Stuck out tongue, problem solved. I could have a fling with long hair, and I did shoulder length for a while, no greasy hair, go wild Stuck out tongue, until I was hit with a fireball in a pub and lost half of it, and I had to shave off the other half to look normal, I was 21 then, and back to short hair.

When I was 32 I had a crazy idea for an experiment, I get those now and then, I decided I need to know how it feels to have a sensory deprivation tank experience. I came up with a home made version, joint, ear plugs, sleeping mask for eyes, and I fall asleep in a tub. You need tub big enough to float. Amazing experience, when the water gets cold it wakes you up, so about 1h, super rejuvenating

And now I enjoy having a tub

Children