Making friends at university

I have started my second year at a small university. I didn't make any friends last year and now I am spending all my time on my own and I am feeling really bad about this. There are no clubs that do anything that I would be interested so I am spending all my time doing things on my own which is making me feel really down.

I have not had any friends in years and I used to feel ok about this but recently this has made me feel really down however I feel really anxious in social situations and I do not know how to start to make friends or even start to chat to people so I feel traped in a cycle.

Parents
  • I am sorry to hear this. I have just finished my third year and I was in the same situation for the duration of my uni life. Covid happened half way through my second year, so maybe I wouldn't have if Covid never happened? I did the board games society but I still felt like an outside and did not make friends. I hope it goes better for you. I ended up calling my mum to talk to on most of my breaks :-/

• I am sorry to hear this. I have just finished my third year and I was in the same situation for the duration of my uni life. Covid happened half way through my second year, so maybe I wouldn't have if Covid never happened? I did the board games society but I still felt like an outside and did not make friends. I hope it goes better for you. I ended up calling my mum to talk to on most of my breaks :-/

Children
No Data