Making friends at university

I have started my second year at a small university. I didn't make any friends last year and now I am spending all my time on my own and I am feeling really bad about this. There are no clubs that do anything that I would be interested so I am spending all my time doing things on my own which is making me feel really down.

I have not had any friends in years and I used to feel ok about this but recently this has made me feel really down however I feel really anxious in social situations and I do not know how to start to make friends or even start to chat to people so I feel traped in a cycle.

Parents
  • Hi there. This is something that I really struggle with too - friends - though my Uni days were a long time ago now.

I think that lockdown make it especially difficult for first years to make friends - my son is a second year this year too.

What sort of friend are you looking for? And I mean that in the literal sense: what do they like. What are they interested in? 

I also often feel trapped in the cycle and have started to believe that I need autistic people around me. And though none of my (few) friends identify as such, they are like me. 

Take care out there.

Mrs Snooks

• Hi there. This is something that I really struggle with too - friends - though my Uni days were a long time ago now.

I think that lockdown make it especially difficult for first years to make friends - my son is a second year this year too.

What sort of friend are you looking for? And I mean that in the literal sense: what do they like. What are they interested in? 

I also often feel trapped in the cycle and have started to believe that I need autistic people around me. And though none of my (few) friends identify as such, they are like me. 

Take care out there.

Mrs Snooks

Children
No Data