Am I evil?

For saying, "No!" to the Vaccine?

I had to be cute to others who asked me about the Vaccine, and say that I wasn't eligible. However, I don't feel comfortable doing so.

The receptionist at the Doctors' was understanding and didn't shame or virtue-signal me. But I am still trying to walk a tightrope.

Parents
  • I dont think evil is the right word, i dont think there are many shades of grey here...but evil is really severe. 

i do think you should reconsider though.

covid is real, i suffered from it, its not just a flu, it does severe damage to lots of people, not just the elderly and those with preexisting conditions. I’m a 19 year old who was in athletic shape, i was healthy but even for healthy people i had a particularly strong immune system and all that. Covid still got me. Covid still gave me permanent lung damge. Its been almost 7 months since recovery and i cant even follow a schedule anymore since i’m so exhausted at the end of each day (from being out of breath constantly) that i cant tell when I’ll get up, and my mother tells me that every time she heres me in my sleep, it sounds like I’m suffocating, and i feel the impact of that to. Covid has permanently damaged a lot of me. And for others still it damages other parts of your body from brain to nose cells as well, and its mutating and spreading. Esoecially since britian made a variant i think you guys should be doing the utmost right now

its not a personal choice to get the vaccine i don’t think

you either should have a medical reason ( egg allergy, immune deficiency, etc. bloodclot issue like one respondent explained, etc.) or else its your public duty to get the vaccine. your decision to not get the vaccine does not only affect you. A vaccines purpose is to equally protect you AND build up herd immunity, i.e their effectiveness is best shown when substantial portions of the population are vaccinated. For some diseases it’s as low as 75-78% , for some diseases its as high as 94% of the population must be immune since the disease is so easily transmittable.

if you wanna dm or even on here request further info and ill provide it gladly, but the science is on my side here

i did everything right, i double masked, i social distanced  i was responsible, but one girl i know lied her test results. All it takes is one selfish person, you cant control what other people do which is why you cant just say “i didnt get the vaccine but I’ll be responsible.”. Because the only thing that is responsible enough to make up for not getting the vaccine is literally not physically interacting with anyone ever again.

and think about all those auto-immune folks who literally could die even if they are 5 yrs old, 10, 19, 25, 30 years old, because of someone else not being careful enough.

mistakes happen when we just put our faith in trusting each other to do the right thing, mistakes like that dont happen the same with herd immunity

i firmly believe you shouldn't get to make a choice in these types of matters. Its the same way where people get things like freedom of speech until they shout fire in a crowded theatre and risk peoples lives. You get to choose until you start risking other peoples lives. it is your civic duty therefore, to get the vaccine and you should morally reflect on what is stopping you from getting it and  all the people you will directly impact with that decision, visualize the faces of those elderly and autoimmune, such as those with cancer or pregnant women. all those lives you will inadvertently put at risk with your decision. 

i dont think your evil, sometimes we dont always think that far into things, and we just think “i dont want to get a shot right now”. I don’t  say all of this to imply you thought these things and then evily smirked and said “let them all die”, and i know especially with phobias it can be difficult, but even phobias shouldn't take lives either. Maybe thats not how you have been thinking about it; as a decision that could take a life, but that is what it is, so if you still decide not to go through with getting the vaccine, at least own up to that.  That your decision will cost either a life, or the lively hood of those who do not have a choice. And as long as you are comfortable with that decision than do what you want. But if you cant own up to that, that would be rather cowardly

• I dont think evil is the right word, i dont think there are many shades of grey here...but evil is really severe. 

i do think you should reconsider though.

covid is real, i suffered from it, its not just a flu, it does severe damage to lots of people, not just the elderly and those with preexisting conditions. I’m a 19 year old who was in athletic shape, i was healthy but even for healthy people i had a particularly strong immune system and all that. Covid still got me. Covid still gave me permanent lung damge. Its been almost 7 months since recovery and i cant even follow a schedule anymore since i’m so exhausted at the end of each day (from being out of breath constantly) that i cant tell when I’ll get up, and my mother tells me that every time she heres me in my sleep, it sounds like I’m suffocating, and i feel the impact of that to. Covid has permanently damaged a lot of me. And for others still it damages other parts of your body from brain to nose cells as well, and its mutating and spreading. Esoecially since britian made a variant i think you guys should be doing the utmost right now

its not a personal choice to get the vaccine i don’t think

you either should have a medical reason ( egg allergy, immune deficiency, etc. bloodclot issue like one respondent explained, etc.) or else its your public duty to get the vaccine. your decision to not get the vaccine does not only affect you. A vaccines purpose is to equally protect you AND build up herd immunity, i.e their effectiveness is best shown when substantial portions of the population are vaccinated. For some diseases it’s as low as 75-78% , for some diseases its as high as 94% of the population must be immune since the disease is so easily transmittable.

if you wanna dm or even on here request further info and ill provide it gladly, but the science is on my side here

i did everything right, i double masked, i social distanced  i was responsible, but one girl i know lied her test results. All it takes is one selfish person, you cant control what other people do which is why you cant just say “i didnt get the vaccine but I’ll be responsible.”. Because the only thing that is responsible enough to make up for not getting the vaccine is literally not physically interacting with anyone ever again.

and think about all those auto-immune folks who literally could die even if they are 5 yrs old, 10, 19, 25, 30 years old, because of someone else not being careful enough.

mistakes happen when we just put our faith in trusting each other to do the right thing, mistakes like that dont happen the same with herd immunity

i firmly believe you shouldn't get to make a choice in these types of matters. Its the same way where people get things like freedom of speech until they shout fire in a crowded theatre and risk peoples lives. You get to choose until you start risking other peoples lives. it is your civic duty therefore, to get the vaccine and you should morally reflect on what is stopping you from getting it and  all the people you will directly impact with that decision, visualize the faces of those elderly and autoimmune, such as those with cancer or pregnant women. all those lives you will inadvertently put at risk with your decision. 

i dont think your evil, sometimes we dont always think that far into things, and we just think “i dont want to get a shot right now”. I don’t  say all of this to imply you thought these things and then evily smirked and said “let them all die”, and i know especially with phobias it can be difficult, but even phobias shouldn't take lives either. Maybe thats not how you have been thinking about it; as a decision that could take a life, but that is what it is, so if you still decide not to go through with getting the vaccine, at least own up to that.  That your decision will cost either a life, or the lively hood of those who do not have a choice. And as long as you are comfortable with that decision than do what you want. But if you cant own up to that, that would be rather cowardly

Children
  • I'm not keen on that type of emotion blackmail.   Disappointed   Effectivley calling people murderers for not having the jab.

It's a personal thing - I wouldn't be having it under normal circumstances but I'm dying and I can't be arsed with the petty bureaucracy messing up my limited time while they fart about with covid passports and stopping people doing things.    

i look at it that what's the worst that can happen - it might kill me - but I'm also on blood thinning injections every day so I'll probably survive that - but I'm still dying anyway - it won;t make any difference to my outcome.