A National Friendship Database

I just think it would be great to have a national friendship database. Like those dating ones. You could register, put your details in e.g. hobbies, location, characteristics, and be matched up with friends. Everyone I meet online is so lonely. I've been lonely since 2005, living in a new area with no friends. It would be so much easier to have a database to look up friends on...

I tried Bumble BFF but just had a lot of nice conversations, no friends made *shrug*

Parents
  • Would such a database be a goldmine of potential victims for scams?   Lonely, vulnerable people don't always make good decisions......

• Well doesn't that apply to dating apps too? They seem to be going well don't they? Or surely they'd be closed down.

The friendship one would have to be linked to some official body to run it I guess. I don't know...but there is a epidemic of loneliness in modern times. I see Japan has appointed a Minister for Loneliness because more Japanese people killed themselves last month than died from Covid in the last year.

I wonder if the UK will need a Minister for Loneliness too...

• I'm not without folk, so not lonely that way, but would like to meet people with similar interests, esp someone to do 7:30am outdoor circuits with, or tai chi, night time fell running, wild camping, instead of nagging my friends and not getting anywhere.

• I wish I'd been more savvy before we moved here and avoided it. My next house move will be far better researched and considered. Of course the internet helps with research. The next town we move to is around 15K people- hopefully a lot more going on and more opportunities for friendship.

• We have a town up the road like that - everyone is related to everyone else via second or third marriages or random children sprinkled around behind the scenes.. Smiley

• 20,000 people!! OMG. I'd love that. Ours is a maximum of 4,000 people. Everyone is related to each other, grew up together, lived here all their lives. It's not easy to break through their barriers.

• We live in a village - of over 20,000 people!    The definition of village varies somewhat depending on where you are in the country - especially as you approach London.

Dolls Houses are not as expensive as you'd think - if you buy a pre-loved one with all the accessories - we bought one from a family - the grandparent owned a doll's house business so this one has EVERYTHING - it must have cost thousands - the family and children were too scared to play with it and they moved house with it and eventually decided to sell - we got it for just over £100        It's a four-storey, double fronted mansion that is fully loaded with furniture.

ComicCons are great fun - especially if you make your own costume - and there's lots of youtubes explaining how to make body armour or weapons from dense foam.

Try TORM - https://www.reenactorsmarket.co.uk/ it's a fair for historical recreationalists - great fun.

• We live in a village - of over 20,000 people!    The definition of village varies somewhat depending on where you are in the country - especially as you approach London.

Dolls Houses are not as expensive as you'd think - if you buy a pre-loved one with all the accessories - we bought one from a family - the grandparent owned a doll's house business so this one has EVERYTHING - it must have cost thousands - the family and children were too scared to play with it and they moved house with it and eventually decided to sell - we got it for just over £100        It's a four-storey, double fronted mansion that is fully loaded with furniture.

ComicCons are great fun - especially if you make your own costume - and there's lots of youtubes explaining how to make body armour or weapons from dense foam.

Try TORM - https://www.reenactorsmarket.co.uk/ it's a fair for historical recreationalists - great fun.

Children