A National Friendship Database

I just think it would be great to have a national friendship database. Like those dating ones. You could register, put your details in e.g. hobbies, location, characteristics, and be matched up with friends. Everyone I meet online is so lonely. I've been lonely since 2005, living in a new area with no friends. It would be so much easier to have a database to look up friends on...

I tried Bumble BFF but just had a lot of nice conversations, no friends made *shrug*

Parents
  • Would such a database be a goldmine of potential victims for scams?   Lonely, vulnerable people don't always make good decisions......

• Well doesn't that apply to dating apps too? They seem to be going well don't they? Or surely they'd be closed down.

The friendship one would have to be linked to some official body to run it I guess. I don't know...but there is a epidemic of loneliness in modern times. I see Japan has appointed a Minister for Loneliness because more Japanese people killed themselves last month than died from Covid in the last year.

I wonder if the UK will need a Minister for Loneliness too...

• We actually have one, I think it's Tracey Crouch or something, she was appointed 2-3 years ago!

Reply Children