Is this an autism/asperger's thing? Is it just me?

Whenever I have to report anything to anyone and it involves more than several things, I miss out important information which means the person or organisation I am reporting the problems to do not know the full facts and the problem drags on.

I might go to a clinician and give them a list of symptoms and miss the most important things out, despite giving myself time to prepare the list, so the clinician does not have a complete picture and the problem takes longer to solve. I have many more instances of this frustrating thing. I dont want to blame autism/asperger's if it is not down to that.

Parents
  • that's why, imho, your asd (i assume you have asd, since you're here) is an important diagnosis. have they looked at whether you are LD, how your working memory is, whether you have issues with organization, impulsivity, oh, and not even to mention sensitivites. for example, you're in the dr office, the lights are too bright, the noises are too distracting, do you have communication issues? etc. any of these, which can coexist with asd, can cause problems when trying to organize yourself in the dr office......................or any office, for that matter.

without the diagnosis, you'd just be considered socially anxious or anxious or a muck-up.

• that's why, imho, your asd (i assume you have asd, since you're here) is an important diagnosis. have they looked at whether you are LD, how your working memory is, whether you have issues with organization, impulsivity, oh, and not even to mention sensitivites. for example, you're in the dr office, the lights are too bright, the noises are too distracting, do you have communication issues? etc. any of these, which can coexist with asd, can cause problems when trying to organize yourself in the dr office......................or any office, for that matter.

without the diagnosis, you'd just be considered socially anxious or anxious or a muck-up.

Children