Autism shame?

I didn’t really care when I got my diagnosis. It was what it was, and I lived with it. I did a huge autism workbook with a family friend. It didn’t really matter. 
But recently I’ve become aware of how ashamed I am. I always feel like the child nobody ever wanted to have. The sob story on Britain’s got talent. The problem child.

And I don’t know how to accept it when it’s all in media. I don’t know how to accept it while people still say I’m sorry to my mum if she says something.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • hi welcome to this forum

i love your name very poetic,  vinyl, sand, shells.  did u just pick it out of the air ?

i dont think your mum would be ashamed of you. Has she said that ?

I have never heard of a Autism Workbook 

can you describe it to me in more detail How was it created ?

u have been given a life like everyone else just with a wave of autism like loads of people in here.  join us here.

I want u to stay on this forum  more and start to interact with others here ---- u will make friends and learn stuff

please add details to your profile......

like ur favorite music, color, art, hobbies, books, games so other people can connect with you

add your general location like north england , south wales, very tip of scotland

• Hi

thank you for your comment, my notifications went to spam so I didn’t see any replies

I choose some things around my room for usernames, I had some vinyls and a big jar of shells and I never noticed the sand!

My mum would absolutely never say that, it’s internalised shame 

It’s called autism and what it means to me, it’s created for people who have been newly diagnosed about the different aspects of autism and what they mean personally to you

I will, now my notifications don’t go to spam I’ll stay on more and fill out some details. 

• Hi

thank you for your comment, my notifications went to spam so I didn’t see any replies

I choose some things around my room for usernames, I had some vinyls and a big jar of shells and I never noticed the sand!

My mum would absolutely never say that, it’s internalised shame 

It’s called autism and what it means to me, it’s created for people who have been newly diagnosed about the different aspects of autism and what they mean personally to you

I will, now my notifications don’t go to spam I’ll stay on more and fill out some details. 

Children
No Data