Autism shame?

I didn’t really care when I got my diagnosis. It was what it was, and I lived with it. I did a huge autism workbook with a family friend. It didn’t really matter. 
But recently I’ve become aware of how ashamed I am. I always feel like the child nobody ever wanted to have. The sob story on Britain’s got talent. The problem child.

And I don’t know how to accept it when it’s all in media. I don’t know how to accept it while people still say I’m sorry to my mum if she says something.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • I didn’t really care when I got my diagnosis. It was what it was, and I lived with it.

Greetings. I suggest that You just carry on like that. (The quote, there.)

My post is... Imagine being given a "diagnosis" of being HUMAN: and lumped that in with Negative aspects such as pollution, genocide, or using two legs which is slower than four... instead of being lumped in with imagination, intelligence, logic, alternate comprehension, superior Wit... (or whatever Your own strengths are).

What I try to say is - if finding "negatives" which make oneself uncomfortable, then they are attacks and so notice them yet do very much also *Ignore* them. Autism has its *strengths* -of course!- ...so do not dwell upon "shame" or other negatives, for it means that those who say this at You are attempting to enforce that Emotion. Enforce instead a lack of negativity, for You are who You are, and work upon Your own versions of Strength, Honesty, Truth, Goodness, and Right. Others may try to weaken you that to gain such attributes to strengthen themselves, so do not let them.

Also, The "Media" is *not You, personally*. And it mostly is not written by Autistic Persons, so in most situations they have no idea of what they proclaim... (just like being an "Ethnic Minority" or Wheelchair bound, or any of the other multitude of restrictions imposed by what is called "Normal" Society.) It is largely written by those with no concept of being anything but themselves and what is acceptable to them. It is a valid point of view, but it is Theirs and does not have to be Yours.

(...To close this Post - I do not much recall having written anything quite like this before, so I Post it & kind of wonder how anyone else reacts to it. Please do not hate Me too much anyone, ok...!)

• (...I cannot use Boldface Type like Mr Adie is using, so I have to use ** instead to highlight, My devices are more than 5 Years old.)

• Some short cut keys for you if you use a PC/Laptop or MAC. Press them together.

PC/Laptop

Ctrl and B keys turn Bold on and off

Ctrl and U keys turn Underline on and off

Ctrl and I keys turn on Italics on and off

You can use combinations of these keys: Like this or even Like this

There are more and you can google them. Enjoy.

• Can he use the 'Format' tab for the options.

• Forgot, for MACs use the command key ( if my memory is right, if not it will be 'Control') instead of the Ctrl.

Reply Children