TRIGGER WARNING: I have 6 months max. :(

I've finally got all the answers from the hospital and they say I have 6 months max.     It's not the news I was hoping for after so many other biopsies came back as non-malignant.

Sooooo - let's be positive about this - that's over 180 days to enjoy!

Bucket list time!!!!  Smiley

Help me out with suggestions - like:

I want to go to Lincolnshire and have a go in a bubble-car at the museum in Boston!  Smiley

What would on your bucket list?

Parents
  • Plastic can I just make sure that you're aware of the DS1500 form? It's for a benefits claim under the "special rules" which basically means that the "claimaint is reasonably expected to survive 6 months or less".

The consultant fills in the form and you return it with the claim form (PIP) and it will magically fast track you to enhanced care and in most cases enhanced mobility. You do not need to fill in the invasive questions on the form and you do not need to attend a medical. 

It will also fast track blue badge applications and things like that, you may feel ok now but the reality is you won't as your 6th month approaches (or you might last longer, but a day will come and its best to sort these things when you're not horribly ill). My mum was a MacMillan nurse (they don't last long, she was palliative care at home, job wore her out after a long time) and she always said the money is better in your (the cancer sufferers pocket) than in the corrupt DWPs pocket, tax free and opens doors like free carers tickets and things, could be helpful with the bucket list. 

As for that, depends what you like, I like steam engines and would definitely try to do one of those luxury steam engine journeys but they are so expensive.

• Thanks so much for the practical advice.  Smiley

I already have a blue badge and I'm on the highest PIP already - and the cancer nurse is already on the case looking to see if I can get any other benefits or grants.

Thanks again,

If I had the time and money, I would have loved to do Monino - the Russian secret cold-war aircraft museum about 30 miles North of Moscow  Smiley   The planes there are so unique.

I met up with friends today for a coffee in a local cafe - very civilised.   They are all shocked and stunned at the news.

I'm off for a PET scan tomorrow - I'll be massively radioactive for the day - and it's all Gamma radiation - like The Hulk!

• Thanks so much for the practical advice.  Smiley

I already have a blue badge and I'm on the highest PIP already - and the cancer nurse is already on the case looking to see if I can get any other benefits or grants.

Thanks again,

If I had the time and money, I would have loved to do Monino - the Russian secret cold-war aircraft museum about 30 miles North of Moscow  Smiley   The planes there are so unique.

I met up with friends today for a coffee in a local cafe - very civilised.   They are all shocked and stunned at the news.

I'm off for a PET scan tomorrow - I'll be massively radioactive for the day - and it's all Gamma radiation - like The Hulk!

Children
No Data