TRIGGER WARNING: I have 6 months max. :(

I've finally got all the answers from the hospital and they say I have 6 months max.     It's not the news I was hoping for after so many other biopsies came back as non-malignant.

Sooooo - let's be positive about this - that's over 180 days to enjoy!

Bucket list time!!!!  Smiley

Help me out with suggestions - like:

I want to go to Lincolnshire and have a go in a bubble-car at the museum in Boston!  Smiley

What would on your bucket list?

• Well, we've tried dancing but we're not getting very far - we are both in floods of tears.

• Tango would be perfect (not all dances are the snappy choppy ones you see in films). There are slow and very sensual dances and it's about emotional intimacy first and foremost. 

Sorry for your news. I've noticed your presence often in the forum over the past two years.

• Thanks so much for the practical advice.  Smiley

I already have a blue badge and I'm on the highest PIP already - and the cancer nurse is already on the case looking to see if I can get any other benefits or grants.

Thanks again,

If I had the time and money, I would have loved to do Monino - the Russian secret cold-war aircraft museum about 30 miles North of Moscow  Smiley   The planes there are so unique.

I met up with friends today for a coffee in a local cafe - very civilised.   They are all shocked and stunned at the news.

I'm off for a PET scan tomorrow - I'll be massively radioactive for the day - and it's all Gamma radiation - like The Hulk!

• Plastic can I just make sure that you're aware of the DS1500 form? It's for a benefits claim under the "special rules" which basically means that the "claimaint is reasonably expected to survive 6 months or less".

The consultant fills in the form and you return it with the claim form (PIP) and it will magically fast track you to enhanced care and in most cases enhanced mobility. You do not need to fill in the invasive questions on the form and you do not need to attend a medical. 

It will also fast track blue badge applications and things like that, you may feel ok now but the reality is you won't as your 6th month approaches (or you might last longer, but a day will come and its best to sort these things when you're not horribly ill). My mum was a MacMillan nurse (they don't last long, she was palliative care at home, job wore her out after a long time) and she always said the money is better in your (the cancer sufferers pocket) than in the corrupt DWPs pocket, tax free and opens doors like free carers tickets and things, could be helpful with the bucket list. 

As for that, depends what you like, I like steam engines and would definitely try to do one of those luxury steam engine journeys but they are so expensive.

• I thought about going travelling to see all the places I've wanted to see - but in the end, it all boils down to deciding it would be selfish - I need to spend my time providing excellent memories and full closure for all who know and care about me.     Their needs are far more important than mine - they will have to live with all the grief and upset when I step into the next world.

• That's not the news I was hoping for either. If it was me brother I think I would get an European train pass (https://www.myinterrail.co.uk/interrail-passes/global-pass/) and see as many countries as I could. Though I say that because I can't drive. If I had a car I'd do a road trip around Europe instead.

• I think we're more looking for the slow, close dances - contact with loved ones becomes the only important thing in these situations.

• I've thought about that - but you can't guarantee what you're getting - but I do have ton of prescription opiates.....

• I am pretty antidrugs but u are in a different situation so i would try some interesting  drugs I mean weed, LSD, MDMA just for fun.. You could video it and leave your presence on the internet for ever  Slight smile But feel free to completely ignore my suggestion Slight smile

• That sucks! Maybe write a book! I also fancy Zip World Wales. Looks awesome.

• If you have the opportunity Argentine Tango is a beautiful dance to experience.

If that's of interest, you may be able to find local dance teachers (who dance as a couple) who could give you and your wife a private lesson. 

• Certainly will!   Cheers

We're looking at the quieter, more personal stuff too - like renewing our wedding vows and having some dance lessons together.

• yep i have seen them about. hope u have fun. 

• Scary!      My friends R44 is a little more comfortable than that.  Smiley

• cool i once nearly fell out of a helicopter.

it landed and i ran up a big ramp. I was exhausted and stay stood on the ramp. The helicopter took off (i didnt notice) then banked and as i was standing i was looking straight down at the ground held by the g force onto the ramp. i was grabbed and pulled into the main body by a guy on a strap and the ramp closed up. 10mins later we landed. 

i cant remember what sort it was because i was so exhausted.

Slight smile

•   I always look on the bright side!

I've got a load of things organised for the next few weeks - even going to Weston Super Mare by helicopter - at only 2000ft altitude - to the helicopter museum - we can land in their car park!  Smiley

• I had applied for a job, and there are complications with getting the application form - and access to a printer - and it's long-distance; plus full-time, with half-day Saturday.

However, I will get the form printed out tomorrow at my local Credit Union, handwrite the form and drive to the location to submit the application personally.

I owe you one as I had felt sorry for myself this morning.

• Love to - except I can't fly transatlantic right now.     I'm going visit my brother at the other end of the country - so sort of a road trip  Smiley

• cross USA on route 66 on a motorbike or a european equivalent