Antidepressants

Hi, can anyone suggest an antidepressant that works for them? I’ve tried all sorts but the only one that works for me is venlafaxine but I had to come off it as I get the worst night sweats and they were destroying my sleep. I am now currently on clomipramine but this only helps with my OCD symptoms and doesn’t do much for my depression or anxiety. SSRIs don’t seem to work on me. Anyone found one that works for them? 

thank you 

Parents
  • Hi - Have to agree with Anthony on the fact that it's usually a system of trial and error in finding the one or combination that works best for the individual person. I never dreamed I would even be on any medication, as I was so anti ALL meds once. BUT, something happened to change all that and it was completely out of the blue, and basically something that someone did to affect me beyond anything I could have imagined. So, I was affected enough to finally speak to a GP, and she put me on Prozac, which has taken away all my anxiety and any depression I'd been feeling. It's honestly made a massive difference! There were side effects, but it's made my life livable again.

• Hi - Have to agree with Anthony on the fact that it's usually a system of trial and error in finding the one or combination that works best for the individual person. I never dreamed I would even be on any medication, as I was so anti ALL meds once. BUT, something happened to change all that and it was completely out of the blue, and basically something that someone did to affect me beyond anything I could have imagined. So, I was affected enough to finally speak to a GP, and she put me on Prozac, which has taken away all my anxiety and any depression I'd been feeling. It's honestly made a massive difference! There were side effects, but it's made my life livable again.

Children
No Data