Poor sleep

Hello everyone,

I had been suffering from poor sleep for a while, but recently made some changes which started to improve it (eg not having caffeine after 12 p.m and using a weighted blanket). However, the massive change to my routine, brought about by the lockdown, seems to have really damaged my sleep quality. I can fall asleep ok, but I keep waking up too early, with my mind buzzing so much that I am unable to go back to sleep.

If anyone has any recommendations of methods they've used that have improved their sleep, I'd be grateful if you could share them. 

Parents
  • Hi, good idea on cutting out caffeine a couple of hours before bed! Caffeine is not a good idea at night. It's one of my biggest problems when it comes to sleeping... I drink too much coca cola during the daytime. I suffer from extreme anxiety as well and this keeps me awake. One thing I've found also helps is blackout curtains, so no light can get in and potentially disturb sleeping. Another thing you or anyone else who suffers in this way could try is meditation, I've been using meditation for about three months and it's helped me with my sleeping problems.

• Hi, good idea on cutting out caffeine a couple of hours before bed! Caffeine is not a good idea at night. It's one of my biggest problems when it comes to sleeping... I drink too much coca cola during the daytime. I suffer from extreme anxiety as well and this keeps me awake. One thing I've found also helps is blackout curtains, so no light can get in and potentially disturb sleeping. Another thing you or anyone else who suffers in this way could try is meditation, I've been using meditation for about three months and it's helped me with my sleeping problems.

Children
No Data